SIXMINDS,ONEHEART ❝ group · blog · photo ❞   |





misses
We are six students, taking up the subject Film Appreciation at St. Scholastica's College - Manila. Suzanne Natividad, Trishika Medina, Francel Festin, Grace Manongtong, Kimberly Sicutad and Vanessa Estinozo make up the 5th group of that particular course. Posted here are some of the activities we do for the subject.




mail




disclaimer
Layout made by tkh.

  New Breed
Intoy Syokoy
Lemuel Lorca

JM at his finest

     Having watched the Ang Babae Sa Breakwater during the opening ceremony of Cinemalaya and Intoy Syokoy after a few days, I quickly noticed the resemblance between the two. Well Intoy Syokoy's probably the modernized version and I swear, there's never a dull moment with this film.

     I felt different kinds of emotion while watching the film and I'm telling you, so many heartbreaking events were put on show. Disturbing scenes were also present, but I guess that's no biggie when it comes to indie films. By the way, have I already mentioned that the actors were smashing? Seriously, they were! Especially the heaven-sent JM de Guzman that did an excellent job, who I thought wasn't that good in acting.

the adorable Intoy with his lovey dovey Doray 

     They did a marvelous job in choosing the setting. The wardrobe was also carefully chosen, it made me feel like it was real; that the story was actually based on the life of someone or a group of people who lives in such community.

see how they still looked so fine?

this, by the way, is my favorite wardrobe heehee

     I think the movie's ending needs justice, though. I was in distress for a few minutes for my fragile heart cannot accept how the film ended. Even so, I love the flow of the movie. The director has caught my heart. Hands down to Lemuel Lorca and the staff!


Suzanne



< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk.