SIXMINDS,ONEHEART ❝ group · blog · photo ❞   |





misses
We are six students, taking up the subject Film Appreciation at St. Scholastica's College - Manila. Suzanne Natividad, Trishika Medina, Francel Festin, Grace Manongtong, Kimberly Sicutad and Vanessa Estinozo make up the 5th group of that particular course. Posted here are some of the activities we do for the subject.




mail




disclaimer
Layout made by tkh.

  Director's Showcase
Kamera Obskura
Raymond Red

The artistic poster.

     Visually intriguing. I chose to watch this, among the other films under the Director's Showcase, because its poster caught my eye and found the synopsis engrossing. That very moment, I checked the time of its screenings and finally decided on a day which was last Friday, July 27.  Kamera Obskura is one of the films that have really surprised me. Based on its summary printed on the flyer, I didn't expect that it will be a silent movie.

     
      The first few scenes were funny, like how the the old man, Juan, crawled randomly in the dark and how a hole mysteriously appeared from nowhere with a light that shone so bright that it hurt Juan's eye which has been so used to the darkness. Also there were bicycles running up in the sky that I found weird. The succeeding scenes were mundane that I fell asleep.

and let there be light...

oh those weird bikes

     Honestly, I wasn't able to appreciate the movie. My eyes has defied me for I couldn't keep it open, until a scene where a naked woman was shown, which swiftly awakened me. I wondered what was the connection of the naked woman to the previous incidents, but the ending drew closer and I still haven't seen the answer I was looking for.

The woman that appeared naked

     Only after reading reviews for this film from the internet and its synopsis from Cinemalaya's official website have I understood the film's profound message, and realized that Kamera Obskura is something big. Something worth watching. 



❤  Suzanne 


Credits to Cinemalaya & Raymond Red


< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk.